Sept 4 1020 Vietnam Time - To Dong Ha/DMZ
Well, yesterday I ended up taking a "limo" van from DaNang to Khanh's house in Hue, where I dropped one suitcase. From there a taxi (at a negotiated flat rate) took me on to Dong Ha, a drive of 1.5 hours (72 km/ 45 miles). By noon I had checked into my room at Muong Thanh Hotel, 10th floor. It was a pleasant drive. Motorbikes and bicycles are used as a primary transport means for most folks. Interestingly, it seems that most Vietnamese females go to great lengths to avoid the sun. Even in 90-100F heat, they're covered to the max...even their hands. And it might not be for the reason that you think. I am told that they feel lighter skin is more beautiful and their goal is to avoid all exposure to sunlight. Vietnamese males accept the sun. Entering Quang Tri, the northernmost province in South Vietnam during the war. It bordered the DMZ (Demilitarized Zone): Pretty flowers in a once-brutal place: Patriotic Banners: Looking out my hotel window at Dong Ha and the countr...







Comments
Post a Comment